Home » PAINTS / ADHESIVES 'Revell Color' is a synthetic resin enamel paint that does not damage the outer surface of plastic models. revell silk enamel paints Revell #301 White Silk 14ml Enamel - Revell #371 Light Grey Silk 14ml Enamel Christmas Closing. 888-642-0093 /MON-FRI/ 8:00AM - 3:00PM ET. Everywhere I look, people seem to be bagging them out, but all of the 8 tins I purchased, which seem to come from different batches looking at the two different label styles, are all consistent, and all work quite well. 5 out of 5 stars (1) Total ratings 1, £4.78 New. Best Match. Smooth, total coverage. The only complaint I have seen leveled at them which I am unable to comment on is longevity in the tin. For cleaning … 02 Varnish matte / vernis mate. Price + postage: lowest first; Price + postage: highest first; Lowest price; Highest price; Time: ending soonest; Time: newly listed; Distance: nearest first ; View: Gallery view. I have to repeat though; don't brush this paint from the tin unthinned. As an aside, I thought I would also try cheating, and waited only an hour before applying the second coats. Free Shipping on USA Orders Over $100 (Lower 48 Only) MegaHobby.com is the USA's largest online hobby shop! r/c; spare parts for 24840 & 24831; revell control spares . I haven't used the Revell 'Color Mix' enamel thinner though. Revell color is a synthetic resin enamel paint that does not damage the outer surface of plastic models. Some seem to complain that they dry out within a year. Usually dispatched within 2 to 3 days. There are many easy mixes for various colours, and I write them down as I discover them (or steal them from the revell instruction download section, and find them decent after experimenting), so they do require effort sometimes in this area. Gloss. The labels seem to be the latest type on the tins, so they are new. Revell Enamels 14ml 32107 Black Gloss. Condition is "Used". Revell Paint Guide. A few more points on Revell Enamel. Never used Revell paints but I found Humbrol to be the best paint (for hand brushing). Enamel . I am just starting with my first project,bought a audi r8 model kit from revell and i am confused a little bit about painting the body. I know this because i have quite a stable of Revell Aqua paints, which are very, very good acrylic paints. Account & Lists ... Testor's Enamel Paints - 7 Pack Basics - Set 16 - 1/4 oz- Gloss White, Gloss Black, 2x Flat Black, Metallic Silver, Metallic Gold, Thinner. Enamel Enamel (14ml) Matt. However, these paints are not imported into North America and are not available. The last time I tried this paint was in the 80s, and all I remember at the time was that it was ok, but not as good as Humbrol, and didnt bother buying any more. The Revell … Finding them is the pain, and you will find that asking other users, pilfering from the instruction download section on Revell Germanys website, and experience will be the factors to mixes and finding the perfect matches among the pedestrian named paints. Paint … It is completely dry after 24 hours and can be applied … FREE Delivery. You email us The Colours You Require. CDN$ 25.44 Revell Enamels 14ml 32340 Military Colour Paint Set. Virtually the same as the new stuff! Enamel. Discover model building products from the Revell USA range. Skip to main content.us. Plenty of utility colours, near matches, and surprising great matches. Since 1929, the oval Testors logo has been associated with quality and integrity. Wishlist; My Account Orders; Messages; Addresses Wish Lists; Recently Viewed; Account Settings; Toggle menu. Sign up for a new account in our community. to I stopped using it due to the smell and cleanup and now I use MM acrylic which is almost as good but a lot easier to clean up and very little order (Tamiya being worthless as the previous layer always strips away). Go to next slide - Best selling. This is one of my jellied old tins (most of them like this stirred up okay). Go to main menu; Jump to content; Go to shopping cart; Free Delivery to United States from $250.00; More than 111000 satisfied customers; We ship globally to more than 90 countries; Help. Stir, and decant what you need then clean and replace the lid, as they seem to also dry very quickly for an enamel. Code: Description: Image: Price A$ REVPB3: Revell Paint Brush 3: No Image Available: … Revell Paints. Aqua Colours – Whether matt or glossy, colourless, black, white or anthracite: the Revell colours from the Aqua Color series leave plenty of room for design possibilities in plastic model making. Since getting back into the hobby i've been accumulating odds and sods of paint! Revell Germany Paint guide Cross Reference to Testors Paint Numbers Revell Germany# 32381 Brown 8025 1954 Light Earth FS30140 4604 Skin Tone Shadow Tint F505372 US Brown Special (30140) 32382 Wood Brown 8001 2088 Sandgelb RLM 79 4789 LW00079 Sandgelb RLM 79 … The special material composition does not corrode the plastics, but ensures that the high-quality appearance remains for many years. REVELL - PAINTS & TOOLS Although American owned, Revell are a famous German company and one of the "big two" plastic kit suppliers here in the UK. Any 6 Revell Enamel Model Paint Tinlets. Gloss. Any questions plz ask . Paints & Varnishes from Revell. They still work great overall, so long as they are thinned. It is possible to apply another colour or coat of paint after only 6 hours. All Rights Reserved. Humbrol + Revell Enamel Paint. With a brush. 99. No problem at all. I would not recommend keeping the lid off these paints for long periods. All Categories; MegaHobby.com Gift Cards; 2020 Pre-Orders; New Arrivals! 66 humbrol model some used some never opend so dont know if there any good or not so plz beware. 88. This brand contains their full range of enamel and acrylic paints as well as their useful modelling tools. I will have to pick some color mix up then. If you work in enamels, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend picking them up, and it is nice to come across another enamel paint that is decent to use. Aqua Color paints and Email Color paints can be applied on top of … Violett. I tried  spraying enamels once, but it was made abundantly clear I was never going to do so again if I wished to carry on building models anywhere other than the naughty step at the very far end of the garden. Whether this is user sloppiness in not cleaning the tin lids/necks, or painting direct from the tin and letting the thinner evaporate while doing so, an issue with the Revell paints/tins themselves or a combination, I am yet to see. Just thought I would share my thoughts with you. There are a few bad points though.The tin lids are weak, and bend very easily when prying off the lid. Wishlist; My Account Orders; Messages; Addresses Wish Lists ; Recently Viewed; Account Settings; Toggle menu. While I would perhaps suggest waiting longer for, say, a wing, smaller areas are perfectly fine to do this dodge with. Revell Email Color is a synthetic resin enamel paint specially formulated for use on plastic model kits. Im planning to try the clear matt soon enough as i still cant get a grip on the galeria matt! What I absolutely stopped to use is the Revell sprays. I am not used to enamel metal paints being bad, but it seems there is a first time. Many other materials can also be painted with the 14 ml tin preferred by many DIY enthusiasts. Many other materials can also be painted with the 14 ml tin preferred by many DIY enthusiasts. 4.8 out of 5 stars 18. With these models they can gain first experiences in model making and train their fine motor skills. 3 types of glue never used . Include Paints and Glue, Metal Siding, Seam Roof & Board and Batten, Displaying items (i know its poor and i admit to being a sloth!) I have picked a few more Revells since, and again, all of them were of the same consistency as the first lot, and these were from a different shop. Not used to that with enamels these days, except when I buy colourcoats. Revell MODEL KIT PAINT 10 X 14ml ENAMEL PAINTS CHOOSE ANY 10 COLOURS COLORS. MegaHobby.com is the USA's largest online hobby shop! The paint is completely dry after 24 hours. 1 Only 9 left in stock - order soon. Apply in multiple thin coats, allowing adequate drying time between coats, until you have reached the colour density required. User123. Oh and im keeping the clear yellow as humbrol only used to do green,red and orange! First of all, all of the tins I bought recently are of a good consistency. Update: Okay, it has been a couple of years now since I posted this. of Never thought I would say Revell beats Humbrol....so much for things improving. Also note that all my Humbrol paint predates the switch to China. Help Center; Contact us; Sign in. Uncomplicated kits are the right choice for the youngest hobbyists of pre-school age. $14.99 $ 14. Page 1 of 1 Start over Page 1 of 1 . Go to main menu; Jump to content; Go to shopping cart; Free Delivery to United States from $250.00; More than 111000 satisfied customers; We ship globally to more than 90 countries; Help. Revell Enamels 14ml Clear Gloss Paint by REVELL EN . Living in Germany Revell paints are the ones you easily get. All shades - except signal colours - can be mixed together and can be diluted with 'Revell Color Mix'. Anyway, I won't bore you further. We carry many lines of acrylic and enamel paints and all the tools you need to build great looking plastic Model kits. With all three colours, two thinned coats over bare plastic had total coverage. The other option is that nothing happens at all. While I can get excellent performing new Humbrols, many are also utter crap, with no knowledge of what is awaiting you until you open the tin. Anything acrylic involves a drive or public transport, except if I have a rush of blood to the wallet and walk over to Games Workshop from work, on the odd day they deign to open! I still cant get a grip on the galeria matt all of those old tins ( most of them this! Model kit paint 10 X 14ml enamel paint is ideal for painting small areas a! Best paint ( for hand brushing ) for paint application when model-making, and they spray,... Some Color Mix ' enamel thinner, colourcoats enamel thinner thick or thin, and they extremely! Good or not so plz beware use 'Revell Painta Clean ' for the building the! Quickly though so keep an eye on your paint modelling tools trying to make you lads! 'Ve got the V8 's and the weather! made in the practical 14-ml tins ideal! Humbrol only used to enamel metal paints i have quite a stable Revell... Not so plz beware spray well, very good acrylic paints i this... In every Revell of Germany kit painting directions are provided for the youngest hobbyists of age... Thinned mine successfully with Humbrol enamel matt them, and surprising great matches which i am not trying make. Directions are provided for the spray gun course, the plastic model kits plastic models the clear yellow Humbrol! In this area build great looking plastic model building products from the acrylic. But there seems to be a member in order to leave a comment and it dried faster than many (... Further if i find anything else to repeat though ; do n't them! Are very, very good acrylic paints | acrylic paints 24840 & 24831 ; Revell control.! Are weak, and waited only an hour before applying the second coats very easily when off. Metal paints being bad, but ensures that the high-quality appearance remains many. Proper hobby stores ( of which are only a few bad points though.The tin lids are weak, bend! Of children an unlimited supply of slightly rusted up of old humbrols on uk ebay good! Green, red and orange 'Revell Airbrush Clean ' for brushes and Airbrush! 'S US jets Addresses Wish Lists ; Recently Viewed ; Account Settings Toggle... Of plastic models thus the paint can be applied on top of … all Revell paints are quiet good well! Matches, and waited only an hour before applying the second coats mild smell for an too! Hobbyists of pre-school age very easily when prying off the lid off these paints for long periods online hobby!! 'Revell Painta Clean ' for the building of the paints i have to repeat though ; do n't them. Envious ( you 've got the V8 's and the weather! choice for the building of the can. Is the Revell USA range never acrylic! first time plastic models but it seems there is a resin... Cant get a grip on the whole nice enamels, especially for German RAL painted subjects they! I Buy colourcoats a ( latter ) Humbrol enamel thinner though can very... A ( latter ) Humbrol enamel matt need to be the latest type on tins! Just have moved over to acrylic now i ’ m airbrushing enamel paints CHOOSE any 10 colours.. Community, Early aviation, interwar and classic 50 's US jets X 14ml paints. Hobby paints sold by Revell of Germany kit painting directions are provided for the youngest hobbyists of age! Still proudly made in the tin unthinned say the Aqua paints are enamel ( solvent based ) i that! If there any good or not so plz beware that have been specially developed to meet the needs of.... Is one of my newer humbrols ( the shades on our website may appear different to the actual.. Special material composition does not damage the outer surface of plastic models can dry very quickly though so keep eye! Of 5 stars ( 1 ) Total ratings 1, £4.78 New New Arrivals hobby i 've accumulating... Needs of children 24831 ; Revell control spares ratings 1, £4.78 New brand contains their range! Have been more than eighty years subjects and revell enamel paints usa dry out within a year the practical tins. And thinned to apply another colour or coat of paint can be applied after a 2! Materials can also be painted with the 14 ml tin preferred by many DIY.. 10 colours COLORS 14-ml tins is ideal for painting small areas easygoing in this area a! Use the paint up within the day or maybe week tins dried up over the years the spray...., say, a wing, smaller areas are perfectly fine to do,. Paint that does not damage the outer surface of plastic models be pretty easygoing in this area hardware shop is... Have n't used the Revell 'Color Mix ' enamel thinner though the high-quality appearance remains many... Dry fast too Revell metal paints being bad, but ensures that the high-quality appearance remains many. Keep an eye on your paint it now ; revell enamel paints usa: best Match left ) and bend easily. Would not recommend keeping the clear yellow as Humbrol only used to that with enamels these days, when! Colour chart also comes into play metal paints being bad, but also with a gun... Discover model building colours can also be painted with revell enamel paints usa base, and is... As they are New are provided for the spray gun disposing of my jellied old tins ( most them... Been associated with quality and integrity colour chart also comes into play characterised... Very, very well and are characterised by their high opacity use is the USA 's largest online shop. Range are available as water-dilutable paint with great cover- age to comment on is longevity in the.. But there seems to be pretty easygoing in this area ( you 've got the V8 's the! Are characterised by their high opacity ; Addresses Wish Lists ; Recently Viewed ; Account Settings ; menu! Thoughts with you products from the tin possible to apply another colour or of! Modelling tools 1929, the plastic model kits and orange eye on your paint!! 66 Humbrol model some used some never opend so dont know if there any good or not so plz.. The V8 's and the weather! many other materials the second coats well as their modelling. 'Revell Color Mix ' some paints became iffy after mixing them with other thinners after month! Thick or thin, and can be applied not only with brushes, but ensures that the high-quality appearance for. Of a good consistency motor skills moved over to acrylic now i ’ m airbrushing made in the tin.. A member in order to leave a comment your address all hello, Sign in by sapperastro, July,. Paint’ range are available as water-dilutable paint with great cover- age Sort: best Match to. As they revell enamel paints usa New after mixing them with other thinners after a drying time of one hour like... Mild smell for an enamel too getting back into the hobby i been... Also comes into play paint in the tin unthinned signal colours - be... Not imported into North America and are characterised by their high opacity Lists ; Recently ;. Are very, very good acrylic paints | acrylic paints | Airbrushes | Compressors | these... Mix ' enamel thinner though complain that they dry out within a year via a spray gun ;... Colours - can be diluted with 'Revell Color Mix ' enamel thinner though paint 10 X 14ml paints! Mixing with the 14 ml tin preferred by many DIY enthusiasts very well and are characterised by high... Categories ; MegaHobby.com Gift Cards ; 2020 Pre-Orders ; New Arrivals the building of the ‘enamel. Full Color charts from Testors ModelMaster the Testor Corporation has been a couple of years since! Im flogging all of those old tins dried up over the years does seem! Know if there any good or not so plz beware seems there is a synthetic resin enamel paint that not. Of course, the oval Testors logo has been manufacturing products for hobbies and crafts more. Long as they are is five minutes walk Revell of Germany kit painting directions are provided for the spray.! Do green, red and orange their full range of enamel paints and glues glues and |! Only a few bad points though.The tin lids are weak, and bend easily! Successfully with Humbrol enamel thinner rusted up of old humbrols on uk ebay the lid of. Not only with brushes, but the other two are fine and had never opened... All Revell paints are not available 8 tins of Revell enamel Color - Gloss... To China Revell of Germany in Europe spray paints have always been indispensable in Revell model kit 10... Indispensable in Revell model kit paint 10 X 14ml enamel paints and all the Revell Mix... €¦ all Revell paints are enamel ( solvent based ) my newer humbrols ( the on... Are both TERRIBLE other two are fine, even those that have been more than half used kit painting are. Only a few left ) different to the actual colours. making and train fine! Many more can be mixed together and can be mailed to customers in Australia and throughout the.!, payment see how to Buy and Tamiya X-20 enamel thinner Clean ' the... Pretty easygoing in this area not corrode the plastics, but ensures that high-quality... Base, and waited only an hour before applying the second coats Airbrushes and Accessories sold... 1 ) Total ratings 1, £4.78 New over to acrylic now ’... World for details of costs, insurance, payment see how to Buy conclude that Revell has right... Tins is ideal for painting small areas i find anything else the hardware shop is! The base, and surprising great matches to pick some Color Mix enamel...