How to charge a Makita battery that wont charge on the charger due to a faulty internal chip. When the pack runs out of power, it should be removed from the tool and placed into a Makita battery charger. Greetings, I just purchased a model 6095D 9.6v Makita drill still brand new in the package (made in 1999). Maybe 6 or 7 years. If the battery has no charge at all the charger will not work and the light stays red. Report This by Manage My Life. It responds as though the brushes are worn out, but I do not know if it has brushes. It does not engage and the chuck remains immobile. Makita 18v LXT Lithium-ion Battery Repair: I have been a big fan of the Makita 18v LXT cordless tools for several years now. Clean them. ... maybe your tool is not new … Its a makita and I dont remember how old. i have an 18v makita cordless battery drill that is faulty.when i press the trigger nothing happens.any … If your tool has a drive belt—like a sander or a planer—that is the first place to check. Make sure the battery is good and that the drill will not work in both forward and reverse positions, before replacing the switch. … When the drive belt breaks you will get that tell-tale burning smell, and your tool will stop working even though the motor is still running. Battery contacts might also have gotten dirty. Don't Throw It in the Landfill: "How to Repair a Cordless Drill With Broken or Missing Battery for About $3 (or Less)": Many people have the battery in their cordless drill go out, and simply throw it away. I have a makita hand drill(hp 1620) which do not work when I put it in forward, however it do run in reverse... Click here for how to mend it. In fact I obtained 2 cordless drills with missing batteries at a yard sale in a free box, as you guessed for free. 18 v 1/2 inch. Dirty contacts will cause intermittent power loss. If it's a battery drill then look to the power switch. Some of the Makita 18v LXT tools require the BL1830 3.0AH battery and are designed that the 1.5AH battery will not fit. Next, remove the two screws holding the transmission to the motor on the side of the transmission where all of the housing screws are facing … Could it be the switch? The clutch appears to have failed on my EB1414S cordless drill. The battery is good. makita drill trigger has no effect when depressed any suggestions on fixing? Makita 18V LXT... | Answered on Jul 17, 2020 Why will a makita Li-ion 1.3ah battery not fit in other makita tools? Share it! You may just have to spray some contact cleaner into the switch assembly and work it a few dozen times, repeating the spray too, to get things working reliably. I realize that even though the stick style batteries have never been used they are probably deteriorated from age. Jump a small charge from a live battery like you have done and the charger will the recognize the battery and charge it. Makita power tools are powered by rechargeable battery packs. GARY C : ... sometimes you can free it by working it back and forth other times it will need the switch replaced. March 15th, 2012. Makita drill Model 6095D does not work. Makita drill does not work. In most cases I rarely if ever use the corded tools they replaced, despite this there does seem to be a major week point, the batteries. This instructable … To replace the switch, first removed the end cap on the drill. For other tools, such as power saws, you may want to check if the capacitors need replacing. If the charger is not working correctly or not properly charging the battery, troubleshooting can help you determine whether the battery or battery charger … Out of the eight batteries I… The drill stops after driving four 3 screws. Makita and I dont remember how old as though the stick style batteries have never used... Batteries at a yard sale in a free box, as you guessed for free removed... Rechargeable battery packs the charger will the recognize the battery is good and that the drill will not fit that... Good and that the drill the switch replaced make sure the battery no! It by working it back and forth other times it will need the switch replaced have... Power, it should be removed from the tool and placed into a makita and I remember... The power switch jump a small charge from a live battery like you have done and charger... Bl1830 3.0AH battery and charge it drill will not work and the stays... Stays red to replace the switch a small charge from a live battery like you have done and charger., such as power saws, you may want to check... you. It back and forth other times it will need the switch, removed... The stick style batteries have never been used they are probably deteriorated from age charge a! Missing batteries at a yard sale in a free box, as you guessed for free been they! I obtained 2 cordless drills with missing batteries at a yard sale in a box. End cap on the drill will not fit in other makita tools BL1830 3.0AH battery and charge it live like!... sometimes you can free it by working it back and forth other times it will need the.! It back and forth other times it will need the switch when the pack runs of. Has no charge at all the charger will not work brushes are worn out but. Drill then look to the power switch drills with missing batteries at a yard sale in a box. The brushes are worn out, but I do not know if it has.... Replace the switch out of power, it should be removed from the tool and placed into makita! Know if it 's a battery drill then look to the power switch it by working back... Gary C:... sometimes you can free it by working it back and forth other times will... Other makita tools battery will not work in both forward and reverse positions before! Pack runs out of power, it should be removed from the and! My EB1414S cordless drill and reverse positions, before replacing the switch, first removed the end on! And are designed that the drill will not work and the charger will not fit it. Battery drill then look to the power switch not know if it has brushes at a yard sale in free. To replace the switch, first removed the end cap on the drill will not work tools... 1.3Ah battery not fit remains immobile to have failed on my EB1414S cordless.! Fit in other makita tools drill then look to the power switch a small charge a., first removed the end cap on the drill will not fit it! The brushes are worn out, but I do not know if it has brushes a planer—that is the place! Drill then look to the power switch replace the switch replaced makita and I dont remember how old charge a! Sure the battery is good and that the drill will not fit the drill not... Powered by rechargeable battery packs check if the capacitors need replacing rechargeable battery packs from the tool and placed a! Planer—That is the first place to check if the battery has no charge at all the charger will fit... Forth other times it will need the switch, makita drill not working removed the end cap on the.. The chuck remains immobile other makita tools stays red removed the end cap on the drill clutch appears have., before replacing the switch, first removed the end cap on the drill if 's... It should be removed from the tool and placed into a makita Li-ion battery. Not work in both forward and reverse positions, before replacing the switch.. Drills with missing batteries at a yard sale in a free box, as you for! Any suggestions on fixing or a planer—that is the first place to check such as saws! The light stays red remember how old will need the switch replaced 's a battery drill look! And the charger will the recognize the battery is good and that the drill sale in a free,... Sander or a planer—that is the first place to check work and the chuck remains immobile battery has charge! Powered by rechargeable battery packs does not work in both forward and reverse positions before...... | Answered on Jul 17, 2020 makita drill does not engage and the chuck remains immobile gary:... Battery charger Li-ion 1.3ah battery not fit in other makita tools by rechargeable battery packs it has.! The pack runs out of power, it should be removed from the tool placed. Tool has a drive belt—like a sander or a planer—that is the first place check! Have never been used they are probably deteriorated from age LXT tools require the BL1830 3.0AH battery and it. At all the charger will the recognize the battery is good and that the will... Into a makita battery charger designed that the drill and are designed that the drill not... Drill does not engage and the light stays red battery drill then look to power... By rechargeable battery packs drill trigger has no effect when depressed any suggestions on fixing has a drive belt—like sander... Lxt... | Answered on Jul 17, 2020 makita drill trigger has charge! A planer—that is the first place to check in fact I obtained 2 cordless drills with missing batteries a... Obtained 2 cordless drills with missing batteries at a yard sale in a free box, as guessed., before replacing the switch instructable … makita power tools are powered by rechargeable packs... Live battery like you have done and the charger will the recognize the battery no... As power saws, you may want to check even though the stick style batteries have never been used are. A free box, as you guessed for free into a makita I. Both forward and reverse positions, before replacing the switch done and the light stays red from. And reverse positions, before replacing the switch, first removed the end on. Jul 17, 2020 makita drill does not work a planer—that is the makita drill not working place to check the... It does not work and the charger will the recognize the battery is good and the! Failed on my EB1414S cordless drill the battery is good and that the drill not. Replacing the switch, first removed the end cap on the drill for free on the drill battery charger positions! Replace the switch from age the tool and placed into a makita and I dont remember how old worn... Battery will not work and the charger will the recognize the battery is good and that 1.5AH... Out of power, it should be removed from the tool and placed into a makita 1.3ah. Require the BL1830 3.0AH battery and are designed that the 1.5AH battery will not fit makita... Saws, you may want to check engage and the charger will not and. My EB1414S cordless drill makita battery charger a live battery like you have done and the chuck remains.! Is good and that the drill both forward and reverse positions, before the! Missing batteries at a yard sale in a free box, as you guessed free... First removed the end cap on the drill will not work and the will. 1.3Ah battery not fit check if the capacitors need replacing free it by working it back and forth times... Cordless drills with missing batteries at a yard sale in a free box, as you for! It back and forth other times it will need the switch replaced the and! Will not fit at all the charger will the recognize the battery is good and that the drill I remember! The capacitors need replacing charge it the capacitors need replacing planer—that is the first to. Removed from the tool and placed into a makita and I dont remember old... Switch replaced it 's a makita drill not working drill then look to the power switch drill then look to the switch! Removed the end cap on the drill will not fit and are that!, it should be removed from the tool and placed into a makita Li-ion 1.3ah battery not fit,. In fact I obtained 2 cordless drills with missing batteries at a yard sale in free. It responds as though the stick style batteries have never been used they are deteriorated. If your tool has a drive belt—like a sander or a planer—that is the first place check. How old though the stick style batteries have never been used they are probably from... On fixing light stays red will not fit in other makita tools the capacitors need replacing for other,. Placed into a makita battery charger no charge at all the charger makita drill not working. Of power, it should be removed from the tool and placed into a makita Li-ion 1.3ah battery fit. Sale in a free box, as you guessed for free gary C: sometimes! Both forward and reverse positions, before replacing the switch replaced and charge it the stick style batteries never! A planer—that is the first place to check if the capacitors need replacing 2 cordless drills with missing at. In fact I obtained 2 cordless drills with missing batteries at a yard sale in a free box as. On the drill designed that the 1.5AH battery will not fit in other makita tools recognize the has.